Friday, July 15, 2016

Let Us All Just Cook/Cool Off!

Today reached record levels where I live.  The deck was so hot I barely got outside.  My grandson went fishing with Hubby and while he was miserable he did catch a bunch of fish (all of which were below the 18 inch size and had to be returned).  I have pictures of Alaska which may be worth a bunch of money in a a decade or so because Alaska also had temperatures in the high eighties and even nineties Fahrenheit!  Record braking breaking. Below are some pictures (no, they are NOT National Geographic) taken in Glacier Bay with some actual retreating glaciers.   Get some iced tea, turn on the fan and put on your tiniest outfit and cool off!  Click on the pictures for more air in your face.


Holland America Staff serving some bean soup to the passengers.


A bald eagle with cold feet.


The beginning of the calving of some ice as the first hits the water.


14 comments:

  1. Beautiful, i've wanted to go see these sights for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rate of melt is alarming! Gorgeous photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sure has been hot, but it is summer and that certainly is better than the dark, cold winter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our PNW summer has been very mild. I should wait until the afternoon to view these as they look cold.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. Those glaciers were the main reason my sister and I went up there a few years ago. We were not disappointed. I wish I had the $ to take all my grandkids to see that. It was early June and we were glad we took our winter coats. The air smelled so good, fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been to Glacier Bay and these pictures are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. when I mentioned previously that my sister and I want to take a cruise to see the glaciers, what I didn't say was...before they are all gone. really hot here too, August temps in July.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great trip for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful images, it sure does look cold. That last thing I need to see today, although I prefer looking at these than at the mud that is everywhere. Although I wouldn't begrudge you a fortune, it would be sad indeed if the day came when that scene was vastly changed. (I just can't bring myself to say when the day comes!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. We too sat in Glacier Bay on our Holland America cruise but did not get any bean soup. It was something to hear the chunks of glacier fall and crash into the bay. I will compare my photos from last year to yours and see if I can tell how much it has changed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I see you've been traveling again. How wonderful!
    Thanks for taking me along with your photos and commentary.
    (And as always, I always enjoy your visits to my blog. I answered your question there.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did I say "always" twice. Maybe too much caffeine this morning!

      Delete
  12. Lovely cool stuff. Did you walk out to the Mendenhal Glacier? I loved the visuals of that state.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Much better shots than I got on the same cruise. Planning to do it again next year.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.