Thursday, November 12, 2015

The Challenge of Things to Come--Thursday 13

OK...no more depressing thoughts...unless you add you own.  But here are some facts (most gleaned without added footnote links) for you to actually add to your arsenal of knowledge.  If it takes only a good guy with a gun to stop a bad guy with a gun, it takes only a good brain with factual data to stop a bad idea or foresee and avoid the consequences of said bad idea...or some such paraphrase like that.

  1. We are just a short way away from making cancer a chronic illness and not a deadly disease.
  2. We are going to use fetal cell research to create animals to grow for harvesting organs or for testing drugs on diseases (probably mostly pigs).  This may lead to repair of that ugly facial  damage you got as a kid or the better replacement of a heart.
  3. Drone photography is becoming the tool of the day for real estate...so be sure you are not nude sunbathing if you live next to that house with the For Sale sign.
  4. With the enormous expansion of video and photo sharing apps you can now be found on the Internet whether you like it or not.
  5. There is very little you can do on the Internet that is not shared with some company that wants your money.  Do you have familiar ads stocking you?  They have decided, based on your searches, that you want/need what they have to offer.
  6. Scientists are now researching ways to use technology in human brains to help understand why we feel the way we do.  This might be expanded to help find soldiers in the field who need medical assistance.
  7. UCLA did a study and found that most children, having unsupervised time with technology, had trouble recognizing emotions in others.  I just want to ask...is that due to the time with technology or the lack of time being supervised?
  8. Is technology 'soulless' if it can read your feelings using input from your body?
  9. There is a new lab in London that wants to research all kinds of technology and humans.  You may not want to volunteer but there are many who will. 
  10. I have a friend on FB who has developed a device that you wear that monitors how Zen you are as you work.  It helps to lower your stress so that you are more productive.
  11. Some researchers are monitoring a possible solar storm in ten years that could wipe out our use of technology as we know it...but do not worry because the government has plans to be prepared for such an event.
  12. Facebook is already using a digital assistant called "M" that makes reservations, coordinates order delivery and sends reminders.  It does require a human 'robot helper' at this time.
  13. All is not lost because China, UK, and USA are coming together in their searches for solutions to common apolitical problems.  Scientists and intellectuals come together in one place... the best students, faculty and industry experts from around the world, and apply their talents to solving the challenges of our time.

18 comments:

  1. Can fetal cell research give me back my hair?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anvilcloud...there is no doubt in my mind if enough money is to be made, it will happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The latest I heard was the use of baby teeth. The tooth fairy can actually make some money!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing things to come, some wonderful, some a little scary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Number one would be great, two is just scary, and as for three, the person who photographs me nude deserves what he gets.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think there are cures for cancer out there but the pharmaceutical industry has done everything it can to repress it. I'm with Marty. I hope any drone that takes a picture of me finds me bending over with my pants down. You didn't list artificial wombs. I read that they are very close to that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's scary and exciting, as so many new things are.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! What a collection of internet savvy wisdom and insight. It is mainly encouraging though.
    Good wishes from Dalamory

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love number 11. The Government will solve all our problems. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Reminds me that I can't get rid of stupid flower company ads.... since folks died last year to get flowers for, I get to keep getting reminded! little aside from being left alone to think ever helps my Zen... I hope not to become one of those "phone people" who never look up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My first thought is "How do you know all this stuff?"

    ReplyDelete
  12. I google people to get their phone numbers now (cause so many aren't in "the book" anymore). It's worked almost every time.

    #1 Not in time to save my sweet sister but at least the chemo she had extended her life by about 3 years and was not as bad as I remembered it in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fortunately there are now programs out there that help users recognize facial expressions and learn their meanings.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's all good. It is all a part of evolution. We are going the direction we should be going. I know many do not believe me and I know there is corruption in every project and prospect, but I live on the basis that good will always prevail.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now if I could answer you on my blog, I would. $600.00? That's a lot. What broke down?

    ReplyDelete
  16. HMM -- where did you get all this info? Not sure about its claims. --- barbara

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous5:03 PM

    The rate of change in technology is mindboggling!

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.