Wednesday, September 02, 2015

Before Breakfast

While there is a craziness to having house guests, there is also a serendipity to a visit.  One of the young ladies requested the night before at dinner if we could possibly take an early morning canoe trip on the river.  A very easy request to fulfill for early risers such as we because we just slide the canoe into the edge of the water and paddle down one of the fingers on our side of the river.


Sunrises are just as lovely as sunsets.  The weekend water was very quiet as all the tourists and guests were still in bed.


The young lady was in the front of our old Gruman, hubby at the stern and me on a comfortable middle seat with camera in hand.

This finger of the river deadends at the highway, but we had not reached the narrowing of the marsh before the blazing sun blasted through the trees  It turned the mist on the water golden.


By the time we turned to head back home the mist had evaporated and the light from the sun was turning bright and flat.  It was a wonderful pre-breakfast thing to do!

14 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous place! You took beautiful photos too!
    Sounds you all had a lovely weekend.

    Thank you so much for your kind compliment and congratulations to Sofia birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful photographic opportunity for you, and I'm sure that all three of you appreciated the beauty of the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. That brought back very pleasant memories for me--although I must say I never had the luxury of the middle seat and no paddle in my hands.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still water and a canoe-- perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...and I see Jaws there in the distance too.
    What a beautiful gift to yourselves. I'm sitting here smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really miss being on the water.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A magnificent way to start the day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's as pretty as a sunrise at the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are lovely photos. I grumble about guests sometimes but always enjoy having them nonetheless. And like you I have a lovely part of the world to share.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Leaving a comment here, actually a reply, to your comment on Joeh (cranky's) blog. I'd reply there but he deletes my comments, I've disagreed with him a bit too much and am a bit far left for his taste.

    Anyway, I completely agree with your comment regarding the President.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous9:58 PM

    I think I would have to do that every morning. What a gorgeous sunrise!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A perfect photo essay! Wish I had a lake n a canoe...

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.