Saturday, July 19, 2014

Busier Than Any Old Cliche You Want to Choose

The world is too much with us this week and in the coming weeks.  Hoping to find time to post and read blogs, but as most bloggers know, the world waits for no blogging man (or woman).


Yesterday was filled with about five hours of doctor's appointments, blood tests, waiting to fill prescriptions, and cancellation of our attendance at a philanthropic reception last night.  Hubby was in so much pain (neck and then an elbow---see prior post) that we pushed into seeing his primary physician late yesterday morning.  Without going into all the details, let us just say we continued this journey most of the afternoon.  He is on three more prescriptions and we are waiting for side-effects.  One side-effect was that he slept all the rest of the day into late dinner after we got home.  He is no longer in pain and trying to slow down.  (We have not checked crab traps in three days !)  Health issues never fall at a convenient time, and this summer is already very full for us.  But, we did squeeze in an  MRI at the end of the week.  We have to get to the healing issues because....

Today I have to get another reservation confirmed for a trip to Ireland in early September (going with my son, wife and in-laws after our cancellation of our trip to Turkey with the other set of in-laws due to all the war issues raging everywhere.)  Today I have to plan for a children's class on soil.  Today I have to grocery shop and plan menus for the week. Today I have to vacuum.  It is crazy, please try to keep up.

Granddaughter gets picked up on Sunday, tomorrow, for a week with us.  We are making felt fairies, cooking stuff, having a chocolate tasting, swimming and dragging her to the garden class I am teaching with other children on Monday.  I am tired already, but loving the opportunity.

Then the week after next week is a break before hubby and I are off to Colorado and Wyoming for two weeks with the 9-year-old grandson to explore geology and nature and sleep in the bowels of a volcano.  He will visit great uncles and aunts and I will attend a high school class reunion as well --- of about 10 of us really old people who are in good enough health to show up!  I am not looking forward to the emotional roller coaster of that luncheon, but I must go.

Then it is back home and another week to recover before we get the littlest grandson (four-years-old) for his week of being indulged by grandparents.

Summer will be over in the blink of an eye and then just one week to get ready and pack for our Ireland trip.  Son's in-laws are making most of the plans, but, thus far, we have only the Dublin arrival, two days in Ballingcollig, a rental car and two days in Dublin before heading home.  We have the whole middle of the week to fill and I wish they would get on it!

Yes, I am tired, you are tired, we are all tired...but we are keeping one foot in front of the other because the alternative is not something I want to dwell on.



24 comments:

  1. You know what I think, Tabor?

    You must be a very very fit 'very old lady’ to get through this little lot and come out alive and smiling at the other end.

    Have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you wish you could twitch your nose like Samantha on Bewitched and everything would be taken care of? Our lists and medical concerns seem to cause such stress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Summers were made for that kind of buzzing around. Take good care of your collective health and enjoy as much s you can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do seem to live a high-powered life.

    I got the quote wrong: "The world is too much with us." I guessed Donne and not Wordsworth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like very hard work but also very satisfying. I hope you enjoy it all - even the re-union luncheon. And I trust Hubby's pain issues are sorted very quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. whew. you will be quite busy eh? you know i have never been to a reunion...hope hubs gets some relief...ack....remember to breathe on occasion...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your picture reminds me of the "busy bee" you are right now. Best of luck with hubby and his challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Summer does tend to get busy but yours is heavy heavy sounding. But the plus is they are all things you want to do-- well except the doctor stuff which never is convenient.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, you are busy, enjoying life,
    keep going as long as you can, enjoy those grandchildren and
    take care of Tabor...
    Hope Hubby is soon feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Life is like that - too much to do at one time. Then there are those dark, boring days of winter when we could use some or any excitement.

    I hope your husband is well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Life needs to slow down for everyone once a year! It doesn't usually happen though, does it?

    So i'll be praying for your husband's quick recovery so he can enjoy the grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
  12. RYN: I headed out to work in turquoise house slippers. LOL It didn't quite do, so I bought a pair of nice brown leather sandals that would do.

    Oh, recipes. Please laugh at my expense. Yesterday I baked a sheet cake for my daughter. I put the two boxes of mix in the mixer, and I put eggs, oil, and water in for only one box of mix. I stared at it bemused for a while until I figured out the problem. At least I figured it out, and the cake was great.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, my, you are beyond busy. I am so grateful that I had an afternoon off to play here at home. I so hope your other half feels vastly better by the time you head toward Ireland.

    And you are so brave with the grandkids. We have 14, and we only had sanity for weekends with each. Eventually they grew up and we see little of them now. Your gatherings are so much healthier.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope you get to reschedule your trip to Turkey. We had to cancel a trip to Egypt for the same reason, and chose Turkey. It's a wonderful country but that part of the world certainly is a tinderbox.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know you will not get so busy buzzing that you forget to have fun. Right?

    ReplyDelete
  16. You sound as busy as I am though my busy is not taking wonder trips somewhere. We pick up the third grandchild for her week today amidst our moving and setting up the new shop and her family moving and setting up a new household. I love having the grandkids one at a time for a week of unrestrained indulgence but re-entry into their life is always hard.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Holy smokes! I am in agreement with Friko. But, life with grandkids is as fulfilling as it is draining, so soak up the love and have a marvelous time!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Have had the 7 and 8 year olds for several days - the youngest with the stomach flu. Am getting the 22 month old next week for a week while parents and siblings fly to CA. I may stowaway in baggage! I'm trying to make memories with them while I still can. Hope your husband rests and heals before your travels.

    ReplyDelete
  19. My word, Tabor, how do you fit all this "stuff" in? Hope your spouse is better.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your post even tired out that poor bee at the end. I swear he is sitting down on that leaf.

    I know it will be crazy times, but I know you will have great stories and pictures for us.

    I am certainly looking forward to those.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yesterday I passed some Ironweed on the Parkway which usually comes out in late August! The full swing of summer makes me feel like my overgrown garden. All I can do is harvest what I can find when I have the time. Floydfest is like Christmas in July for us. A family time. Glad your hubby is on the mend. It's amazing how things like that can turn your life upside down.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm exhausted just reading this. Sorry your husband is hurting. I just read back and find out what happened.. ack!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You are a busy bee indeed.
    I'm sorry to hear the hubby was in so much pain. I hope the healing is swift and without any more pain.

    Sounds like your summer is filled! Filled with wonderful but filled none the less! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh yes! I know all about being busy too! Sigh. At least things have calmed down a tiny bit for me right now.

    Ireland? How wonderful! I'd love to go there. Sorry about Turkey. I hope you'll get to go there someday because it's an amazing place.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.