Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Touching Base


Lots and lots of April showers (except it is now May) that has brought the May flowers.  Above is one of the many varieties of columbine that are blooming right now.

The tree leaves are no longer light lime green but changing to shades of malachite, jade, moss, and emerald green.  It is supposed to rain more today, but I see the sun fighting its way through now and again and when it turns the lights on, it seems too bright for my eyes since we have had nothing but gray for a while.

I have been in the house for two straight days except to run outside and take a few photos between the rain drops.  I am getting over my desire to hang out with my peaceful aloneness and I am pushing myself to head out to run necessary errands today.  After I exercise, of course.  






11 comments:

  1. We are living parallel lives. All you need is a big pot to collect the rain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos. For us, it's been the opposite. No rain for days. It's drier than usual in my part of the PNW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Columbine are my favorites. It's hotter here,no rain either so though I have mine tucked in shady spots I'd better get out there and give them a little drink.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it's nice and sunny here in the PNW, but I hear rain is on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're a week or more ahead of us. Daffodils are just going by. Intermittent rain today is most welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes it's nice to have time to make your own acquaintance for a while. Enjoy the emerging spring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have had a long stretch of dry, warm weather here. I will actually welcome the rain that is predicted for the next few days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, how I'd love to have some of that rain here!!!

    Lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you are going from winter to summer with only a short spring.
    I love columbines and hope there will be some in bloom when I go to Seattle next week.
    I think a lot of us are kind of hiding out these days. Girding our loins for the future, perhaps.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry it's raining on your alone-time. Sounds perfect for a good book. Your columbine are so delicate-looking.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.