Thursday, May 09, 2013

Social Queen

Busy weekend for this old lady starting this Friday.  I invited my daughter to a Spa afternoon.  We are getting facials and she is getting a European massage and I am getting my hair low-lighted and then cut.  It is a fancy spa place, and daughter selected it, because I would not know a good spa from a health juice bar.  Then we are heading to a nearby fancy restaurant in Old Town Alexandria.  It is a difficult place to get reservations, according to daughter, but I did not have difficulty.  Of course our reservations are at 5:45 which is not exactly prime time so that we can get home to assist hubby with the children.  I will be spending a lot of money, but it is my daughter's birthday and she is worth a fortune to me and I cannot take it with me anyway.  I will take photos to post, not to brag, but for my own memories if you do not want to see.

The next day we are decorating daughter's house for a movie-themed bridal shower for my son's future wife.  This is a big expense as well and I need to help with a check.  (I am absolutely apoplectic at how much money this generation spends on bridal showers and bachelorette parties to say nothing of weddings and honeymoons.)

After the shower I will be spending the night at daughter's house and then heading out to a "mom's brunch" a short drive away as I join my future daughter-in-law and her mother and grandmother at an informal gathering.  

This long weekend my life is like a movie, I know.  Such a social life does not happen often to me, but I have no regrets that I am surrounded by such special people 

15 comments:

  1. Well, have a wonderful time, you social butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These moments provide lifetime memories that are priceless. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the groom's mother? You are responsible for the Ushers dinner. It's awfully nice of you to help with the shower. Yes, you are a dear. You two are going to have a glorious day spaaaing tho. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your spa day.
    Some years ago my daughter treated her and I to the full spa treatment at a high end spa. It was a wonderful thing for her to do for me. I probably will never get to go again and that's ok...BTDT...lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. It all sounds wonderfully delightful. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a very girlie week-end, lush with female energy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And then on Monday you can recover. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Times like this make memories for the rest of your life. You will be thinking back fondly to these days for years to come. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Back to back events make me nervous. I'd get a migraine by day three for sure.

    I have to have a little "down" time. That would be a bit too much for me.

    I'd do it, but I'd pay.

    Also - meeting future in-law family is quite nerve racking.

    I wish you the best of luck. You may need another massage AFTER the week-end.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Funny how i, too, can go weeks with no events, then they all occur at once. It's not a conspiracy, of course, but sometimes it feels like they must all get together before hand and all pick the same week or weekend on purpose.LOL

    Enjoy it all, it passes quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I smile as I read
    and brings back some memories.
    Enjoy this special time and you
    are making memories that will make you smile
    and share all about it.
    Next on my agenda will be grandchildren's events - if I can make it over the miles..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can't wait to see the photos. As long as you're spending all that money, you might as well relax and enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. "I cannot take it with me anyway." One of my French conversation partners startled me once when, after I commented that a vacation she'd taken must have been expensive, she replied "And that's why there are no pockets in shrouds".

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous12:44 AM

    Sounds like a marvellous time is planned. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've found that low lights is a good compromise for not dying my hair. I only ever get 7 though. I'm looking forward to seeing some photos of your weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.