Monday, November 26, 2012

Lazy



There is a hedonistic side of me that emerges more as I age.  I guiltily like being able to be lazy when I have justification.  For the past two days I have been sitting and watching TV.  There is little on day time television that is worth my valuable attention, so I spend time watching reruns of old favorite programs instead.  Then I go through my holiday photos that I took and sort them and later I begin the reading of the Anne of Green Gables series that I bought at the bookstore near the author's home on my summer trip to Prince Edward Island.  I have caught up on reading current blog posts but not reading the past posts.  "Why", my eager reader's might ask with the holiday season hot on our trail and a tree to be decorated and gifts to be wrapped, "am I being so lazy?"

Well, the weekend before my long Thanksgiving Day drive north, I spent babysitting my three grandchildren.  Naturally my lovely granddaughter had a nightmare and about 4:00 A.M. I heard the soft patter of feet and little child whimpers and then a tearful child was beside my bed crying from a nightmare.  I allowed the sharp kneed and elbowed girl into my bed and dried her tears and comforted her as we both attempted a speedy return to sleep which she succeeded in doing.  But unfortunately, my little grandchild was fighting a cold, sore throat, and mild fever at that time.  And she shared that with me.

My husband developed the cold symptoms first on the day after Thanksgiving and two days later I came down with the same cold symptoms.  My response is always worse than his, and even though I have been taking Zinc lozenges regularly, I still have symptoms and feel tired from lack of a good night's sleep.

But, because I am not super sick, I am kind of enjoying this gold-bricking excuse.  Tomorrow I will return to my lists, errands and duties.  But for today, I am being the grasshopper.

In the photos above we are driving in and out of a little of winter on our return from the north two days after Thanksgiving.
  

16 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:59 PM

    Hope you feel better soon!

    Love that top shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I hear you about the laziness. And getting colds from the grandkids.
    This is the Christmas guilt season, too, but I'm allowing myself to be lazy anyway. After all, I am retired!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have every right in the world to lay back. I hope you feel all better soon; either that or just be lazy for a few more days even if the cold goes away. Nobody needs to know you're healthy again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heal quickly.
    One of my little ones had a fever
    when family arrived for dinner.
    Oh my - thankful so far it has missed me...

    ReplyDelete
  5. The world won't fall apart if you take a few days off. Well, it might, but it won't be your fault.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh me, oh my, you made me miss " the sharp kneed and elbowed girl(s)" that used to climb in bed with me. The boys too. Now my grandchildren are so big. Cherish those jabs:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. feel better soon and enjoy the lazy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to say that I hate colds..they are so tiring on the body!
    Perfect excuse to laze!! But you really don't need one...after three grands, you needed to rest!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lazy days after holiday travel is practically a requirement, no matter the state of your health.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everyone needs a grasshopper day once in a while. Hope you feel better very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoy your grasshopper time and those little elbows, too soon they grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry about this. I hope it won't dawdle around and you recover zippily. We sure care.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everyone should be lazy every so often, and sometimes we need a little sickness to slow us down for that. Enjoy the re-runs. Those are my usual choice, too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You need not feel the least bit guilty of taking care of yourself. I hope you feel much better very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How sensible of you to take care of yourself. That’s not being lazy, that’s being good.

    I am suffering the same symptoms, probably got too wet on several occasions. Sadly, I must go out with the dog; I wish I could just put my feet up all day.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your grandchildren will always remember cuddling up with Grandma.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.