- No we did not take in the play on PEI as Hubbie wasn't into that so much but I bought the Anne trilogy and am going to re-read it.
- The natural area where the author grew up on PEI was small and surrounded by a golf course, which sort of took away some of the atmosphere.
- I was also a "little" disappointed at how much potato, wheat and barley agriculture covered all of the island and how little natural park area was left.
- On the other hand, PEI has lots of nice beaches and lighthouses!
- The bear sign was both a warning and temptation on the bog walk in Maine and we used it that way.
- We did see a lynx on the ski trail while walking down after riding the ski lift up in New Hampshire and it did not see us.
- We also drove by the lake where "On Golden Pond" was filmed, and it was no more lovely than all the other New Hampshire lakes.
- We did not take the zipline down from the mountain at the ski resort which was long and very fast and kind of ominous in its whine.
- I also saw a large red fox checking out the playground of children one morning outside our hotel in Maine.
- I did not see any moose, unfortunately.
- I used to not like lobster but this trip I could not get enough and due to the warm summer there was an abundance.
- We were a little sad that it was NOT much cooler as we drove north, and global warming was showing its teeth.
Sunday, July 22, 2012
Some comments (in no order as my granddaughter is talking to me industriously while I type) on the trip and also in answer to a few questions: