Tuesday, February 15, 2011

"Wasting" Time


No, I did not take this lovely photograph; and yes, I am still on travel.  This is not a photo, actually, as some of you may have determined already.  It is a pencil drawing by a Russian, perhaps from someplace called Imereti?  Do you read Russian or Cyrillic?  I think the artist's name is Stanislav Nikireev (using Google translator).  I am fascinated by his reproduction of the clarity and reflection of water using just paper and graphite!   Go here and scroll down for more lovely drawings in pencil to while away the time until I return.  Be careful, because if you study the links to the gallery you can click on and on into endless beauty and your morning will be gone in no time.  I came across this link on someone else's blog...but have forgotten whose and cannot give them credit.

13 comments:

  1. What a beautiful drawing!! Impressive!!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am mesmerized. I am at a loss for words to try to describe what I think of his talent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How gorgeous is that?!

    I'm going to check out that link now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I thought it was a black and white photograph. Can you just imagine the time it took to create such a drawing? Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pencil. The best medium ever. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous. I was wishing you had wasted your time in photoshop and created this magnificant image. Oh well, it's beautiful nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I've lost my words like Peruby

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so impressed with his work. I am amazed at the movement he achieved in his drawing of water. It really does look like a photograph. He is a very talented artist.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Still having a good time, I see, while the rest of us are slaving away in everyday life.

    Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous drawing... I thought it was a photo for sure! Some people just have amazing talent!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I did think when I saw that "photograph" that it had a sort of fairy tale quality. Such a wonderful depth to the woods which is really difficult to get in a photo. I am pleased to know that it is actually a work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Got something for you at loose leaf notes.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.