Saturday, May 16, 2009

Magnetic Personality



I am married to someone with a magnetic personality. He can stand in line waiting for tickets to the movie theater and come across an old long lost friend. He can be picking up a cup of chai tea at a Starbucks and meet and make a new friend. I didn't really think about this much until I retired and I realized how low key I am in public and how energy high he is. I am not complaining except I know that if he was in a field other than science we would be very rich by now. He is a born salesman and if it something he believes in...look out!

Years ago, my husband and I traveled to Korea for work-related activities. During the project he actually was briefly on Korean national TV talking about the work he was doing.

Later in the trip we did manage to take a few days off and play tourist. While touring one of the historic parks in the city of Seoul we stopped in the cafeteria for some quick refreshment and were approached by the three Korean college students in the photos above. While their accents were thick they did appear to know enough English ( and certainly more Korean than I) to communicate with us very well. They were working on a project where they had to find people and interview them. I think they were communication majors.

Naturally they instantly decided to interview my husband instead of me. He was the better pick as he can talk for hours on end about almost anything and when the subject is himself he can go on for days. They wanted to know what he was doing in Korea and how long he would stay, etc. As I look as these photos, I wonder what grade they got and if they did go on to work in television.

Do you know someone with a magnetic personality?

12 comments:

  1. Our six-year-old grand daughter Hope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My youngest son, David, since toddlerhood. He didn't get it from me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My spiritual master is one such magnetic personality--warm, compassionate, humourous, with genuine love for anyone and everyone.

    Of course, my toddler son appears to have such a persona :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe my two little granddaughter's are like this.
    4 and 6 at this time and never meet a stranger.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband is the same way. He can sit on a bench in the mall and learn the life history of everyone within 15 feet in a few minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dave and I are like you guys but reversed. :)That's probably why I can still talk. My tongue goes a mile a minute. Use it or lose it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband. Whenever we are out together it is always someone he knows that we bump into, never anyone I know. And he can strike up a conversation with anyone. I am the exact opposite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I embarrass my daughter sometimes because I will talk to anybody about anything (when I am in the mood). One of my sisters is the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A friend has that personality, but I don't envy him. Somethimes he says it's a curse.

    When he wants some piece and quiet the phone never stops ringing, or people call by his house.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tabor, my husband is the same. People just love him, and while I don't think of myself as being low-key, he far outshines me when he's in public, and people who meet him always remember him, not me. I can't tell you how often I hear how lucky I am from people!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am like that. I can talk to anyone, friend or foe! I am quite chatty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like my Joe. I mostly try to steer clear of people/entanglements.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.